英文作文範文背誦補充- 信件書寫

2017/12/15 作文範文- 信件書寫

Letter Writing: Invitation Letters





Suppose you were going to take a working holiday during the upcoming summer vacation. Write a letter to invite another person to go with you. In the first paragraph, give a detailed description about your plan for your vacation. In the second paragraph, tell the person why you are inviting him or her to go with you.
Example:
Dear Carol,
How have you been? Do you have any plans for your next summer vacation? I am planning to go on a six-week working holiday in Australia this summer. During this trip, I’ll help pick peaches in an orchard in Melbourne from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. for about five weeks. In the afternoon, I’ll work on my English at a nearby language school. On weekends, I’ll visit some of the must-see tourist attractions around Melbourne. During the last week of my working vacation, I plan to travel to several big cities along the east coast of Australia. By my calculations, what I earn in the orchard will allow me to cover my travel expenses. All I will need to do is pay for my own airline tickets.
Doesn’t the trip sound great? Would you like to go with me? I hope that you can go with me because to me, you are a really good traveling companion. I still remember our trip to Kenting last summer. We enjoyed the view of the green Long-Pan grassland, the beauty of the rivers in Gueishan, and the walk underneath the moon around Eluanbi Lighthouse. We had a great time, didn’t we? You are a great traveling companion, and I always feel comfortable around you. I hope that you feel the same way, too. So, when I am planning this working holiday trip, you are the first person that I would like to go with. Please let me know as soon as possible if you can go with me this time, so that we’ll have plenty of time to get prepared and have fun together again.
Sincerely,
Lucy


Tipsà 本課寫作單元旨在引導學生完成一篇以「邀請」為主題的書信,學生應先複習文信件各部分的名稱及位置,再開始著手進行此篇非正式書信的寫作。以下提供一範例,教師可補充給學生參考:
dateline (日期) → September 10, 2012
Dear Carol, ← salutation (稱謂語)

How have you been? Do you have any plan for the coming summer vacation? I plan to have a six-week working holiday in Australia . . .
complimentary close (結尾敬語)
Sincerely Yours,
signature line (簽名) → Lucy

學生於進行本課寫作練習前,除需注意信件格式外,務必仔細閱讀題目。本練習的信件內容須包括以下兩項重點:
1 詳述即將參加的打工渡假內容。
2 說明邀請對方一起前往的理由。
以上兩重點缺一不可。開始著手撰寫第一項重點內容前,教師可先引導學生試著回答下列問題:
1 When are you going to have your working holiday?
2 Where are you going to have your working holiday?
3 What is your job responsibility?
4 Besides working, how will you spend your holiday?
接著,將這些問題的答案依序排列,再加入適當的連接詞或修飾語連結,如此便可完整呈現打工渡假的詳細內容。
進行第二項重點的說明時,學生應提供理由說明邀請對方一同參加此打工渡假計劃的原因,可用The reason for this is . . . 或是The reason why . . . 開頭來解釋原因。如有兩個以上的理由,可用轉折語besidesfurthermorein additionplustogether withmoreoverwhat’s more等連接不同的理由。此外,也可以使用在描述程序、步驟類的文章中常出現的轉折用語,如firstthe first stepfirstlysecondthe second stepsecondlythirdthe third stepthirdlyafter thatfinallylastlythe last step等。


Exercise:
Now, write a letter of 120-150 words according to the instructions on the previous page.
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________


Dear Jack,
Do you have any plans for the upcoming summer vacation? I plan to try something more challenging this summer a working holiday in New Zealand. I have always dreamed of hitting the road as a backpacker and traveling around the world, but I don’t have enough money. It is said that sheep shearing is quite profitable, although it is hard work. Thus, I have decided to give this job a try next summer. The shearing job starts at 5 a.m. every morning. I’ll be working and staying at several farms for six weeks, and I will then travel around New Zealand for two weeks. How about taking this trip with me?
I know you have taken part in work-and-travel programs in Australia before, but this is my first time to give this a try. If we go together, we can help each other out, no matter what difficulties we encounter. Plus New Zealand has been one of the places you’ve always wanted to visit, and I believe you are strong enough to handle this sheep-shearing job. Needless to say, I think you would be a wonderful traveling companion. I do hope you can take this trip with me. What do you say? Please write me soon.
Sincerely,
Louis